Translate

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

creating new song ideas

Sometimes it's so easy to find ideas for new songs.

While I was able to develop any ideas for new songs on monday, yesterday at our band rehearsal I played a few minutes guitar and booom a new song idea was born. The next days I will record this and hope I will still like it. So many guitar and bass lines I recorded and any hours later I deleted all, cause I didn't like the results.
The best way for me to get new ideas for tracks is playing, playing, playing.
The most songs I create on guitar and some on bass guitar. Often I play lines hat I like, but not convey the feeling that I have in this moment. So I discard many ideas again and again until I find the right.So I have in autumn and winter more ideas for ballads and melancholy music than in summer. And that's ok for me. Music is or me one of the most important way to express feelings.





No comments:

Post a Comment