Translate

Monday, December 8, 2014

My way to youtube



My way to youtube

 
I created my account on youtube in 2011. But I’ve only used it to consume. On 30. January 2012 I uploaded my first video. Today my channel has over 800.000 views and over 1.500 subscribers. Ok I know there are many channels with so much more views and subscribers but for me it is a great success.

Any years ago I began practice music scales to backing tracks on youtube. With a friend I had often a contest. We picked up a backing track on youtube and played our solos on these tracks. We have had 10 minutes for one solo and the best solo won.

Then I produced and recorded my own tracks to practice music scales on guitar. I collected any ideas and starded the first recordings for backing tracks.  So I might practice music scales to my own stuff – that was really cool for me. Still I practiced to backing tracks on youtube. So I thought why not I upload my backing tracks on youtube. Any friends of my said to me the tracks aren’t really good. But I wanted to try it out. What I got to lose? Maybe some people like these tracks and they help them like other tracks helped me.

The first tracks don’t get much feedback. But the feedback what I got, was really nice. And the first people said, these backing tracks are really helpful for them. Wow that was a really good feeling and I was motivated to go on this way. The first half year I produced 9 tracks for youtube and I had a few hundred clicks. And then comes track no 10, the epic metal ballad in E minor. I don’t know why, but this track is the most famous track on my youtube channel until now. Almost 500.000 views and 1800 thumbs up until now. No other track has handled this success even close on my channel. But after this track I got so much positive feedbacks that I never expected.

Although the newer tracks do not get as much attention, but there are enough people who are like and this is my motivation to go on untill now.

I'll be glad when I get the first million views. Maybe you are on of these :-)

Have a great day

André

 

No comments:

Post a Comment